Tim Pecci represents institutional lenders and investors nationwide in a wide variety of real estate and structured finance transactions. His practice focuses on private placements, public offerings of debt, bank loans, capital markets loan origination, and mezzanine loans. Much of his work has involved representing parties in large multi-state, multi-property financing transactions. Tim is also an expert in credit tenant lease financing, having structured, documented and closed several billion dollars of CTL transactions during his career.
Tim routinely represents lenders and loan servicers in post-closing loan modifications, workouts, and foreclosures. He also represents purchasers and sellers of debt in loan sale, syndication, and participation transactions. Tim has represented issuers and collateral managers in commercial real estate collateralized debt obligation transactions, lenders in synthetic lease transactions, and various parties in equipment finance transactions involving aircraft, commercial watercraft, office furniture, and other assets.
Tim’s representation of owners and purchasers of real estate includes negotiating acquisitions, financings, and leases. His experience representing a variety of lenders adds value for his borrower clients in financing transactions. Tim also maintains a commercial leasing practice.
Recent Representative Matters:
- Represented investment bank in $1,214,361,267 financing of leveraged buyout of hotel REIT
- Represented underwriters/initial lenders in $1,279,500,000 Rule 144a offering of lease-backed securities involving 340 retail drug store properties located in 30 states
- Represented insurance company lenders in $54,479,100 private placement credit tenant lease financing of 21 retail drugstores located in 13 states
- Represented purchaser/borrower in sale-leaseback acquisition and financing of a portfolio of retail grocery stores/gas stations located in Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska, and subsequent sale of the properties to a third party REIT buyer
- Represented life insurance company lender in approximately $22,600,000 leveraged lease financing for the tenant improvement fit-out of cooler/freezer space for food manufacturer’s regional distribution center in Groveport, Ohio
- Represented life insurance company lender in approximately $13,745,000 financing for construction of a public university building in Twinsburg, Ohio using Build America Bonds
- Represented life insurance company lender in credit tenant lease financing of GSA facility in Valmeyer, Illinois
- Represented bank in $23,000,000 construction-to-permanent financing of brewery/restaurant/entertainment complex in Boston, Massachusetts
- Represented life insurance company lender in credit tenant lease financing of Veterans’ Administration facility in Bangor, Maine
- Represented investment bank in $52,572,315 mortgage and mezzanine loan financing of 13 assisted living facilities in various states
- Represented life insurance company lenders in credit tenant lease financing of retail hardware store in Baltimore, Maryland
- Represented life insurance company in multiple purchases of residential mortgage loan pools
- Represented CMBS trust in mortgage loan workout, receivership and eventual foreclosure sale of Massachusetts hotel
- “Buying and Selling Debt” as part of Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education program “Hot Topics in the Real Estate Downturn” (April 2009)
- In 2016, Tim was named one of the top lawyers in New England in the Real Estate and Securities & Finance categories by Super Lawyers, a joint publication of Boston Magazine and Law & Politics. The Super Lawyers comprise the top 5% of lawyers in the state.
- Co-Chair of the Boston Bar Association, Real Estate Finance Committee from June 2007 to June 2009
Bar and Court Admissions:
Mr. Pecci is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and before the U.S. District Court of Massachusetts.
J.D., Boston College Law School, 1996
B.A., Boston College, 1993