Our Insurance and Risk Management practice attorneys have more than thirty years experience helping regional, national and international companies to manage development and operational risk and resolve business and insurance disputes. Our work with public and private sector companies includes:
- Counseling clients on insurance placement and other risk management options to minimize risk and maximize return on project and enterprise;
- Assisting clients in designing and implementing internal audits and compliance programs;
- Helping commercial industrial and institutional clients manage product and environmental exposures for natural and chemical products and by-products;
- Representing property owners and operators in premises liability risk assessment and claims litigation;
- Representing commercial, industrial, agricultural, and public sector clients in multi-party tort claims and insurance disputes;
- Litigating insurance coverage for complex securities transactions on behalf of banks, mutual funds, and corporate clients;
- Successfully resolving multi-million dollar international claims for policy holders under multi-layered D&O programs;
- Coordinating insurance archeology efforts to recover old policies that have resulted in hundreds of millions of dollars in environmental, product, and personal injury coverage for clients; and
- Negotiating restructuring arrangements on current and historic coverages to ameliorate material corporate liabilities;
- Recovering billions of dollars in insurance proceeds for developers, property owners, product manufacturers, and institutions under multi-party contracts and Builders’ Risk, All Risk, First Party Property, General Liability, Environmental, Business Interruption, Employment Practices, and Errors and Omissions policies.
Members of the firm’s insurance and risk management practice group have appeared in state and federal courts throughout the country. We also frequently write and speak to legal and professional groups on cutting-edge insurance and risk transfer issues.