Our finance practice generally represents borrowers in connection with all aspects of construction and acquisition financing and re-financings. Our experience ranges from single property financings, where our primary goals include quality representation, efficiency and cost-effectiveness, to complex multi-property securitized deals where organization and an understanding of both the financing structure and market are key elements to closing a loan and achieving our client’s goals.
Our experience and firm size enable us to be highly responsive-a quality that can be key to completing a project on time and within budget. We work with each client to bring the project from concept to occupancy, promptly addressing any issues that require attention. We understand that closing a loan within the desired time frame means that our client’s are able to quickly focus on the development and use of the project.
As we recognize that economic circumstances may bring changes to the marketplace, we have experience with representing clients in forbearance agreements, loan workouts, and loan modifications.
In addition, we frequently serve as local counsel in loan transactions where we render opinions on permitting issues, as well as enforceability of loan documents.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Review of commitment letters;
- Review and negotiation of loan documents;
- Survey, title and title policy review;
- Assistance with preparation and review of lender diligence requirements;
- Permitting Opinions;
- Authority and Enforceability Opinions;
- Negotiation of SNDAs; and
- Assistance with Applications for Payment.
Examples of finance-related transactions on which we have worked include representation of:
- Owner in obtaining a $30,000,000 acquisition and construction loan for new corporate headquarters.
- Retail developer in connection with $35,000,000 refinance and construction loan.
- Borrower in connection with a $15,000,000 loan financing the acquisition of numerous manufacturing facilities throughout the United States.
- Borrower in connection with a $6,250,000 construction loan with respect to an office building in southern Massachusetts.
- Borrower in connection with a $5,400,000 loan on a 100,000 square foot office and self-storage building on Route 128.
- Borrower in connection with a $4,900,000 mortgage-backed securitized loan on a mixed-use facility in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- Developer in work-out with respect to $19,000,000 construction loan where borrower obtained extended maturity on favorable terms.