Eric represents parties involved in all aspects of commercial real estate lease transactions, including institutional investors, developers, and public and private companies. Eric’s extensive experience includes advising both landlords and tenants in lease negotiations and ongoing lease administration for office, life sciences, retail, and industrial properties in the New England area and across the country. Eric also advises companies in managing their real estate portfolio through all stages of the corporate life cycle, from initial lease-up to final disposition.
Prior to joining Dain Torpy, Eric was Counsel at Goodwin Procter LLP in the Real Estate Capital Markets group.
- Represented the landlord in the negotiation of a lease of approximately 124,000 square feet of office space in Wilmington, Massachusetts for the local headquarters of an international corporation.
- Represented a Dallas-based developer in the negotiation of a build to suit lease of a seventeen story college dormitory building in Boston.
- Represented a public life sciences company in the lease negotiation for its headquarters space in Cambridge, Massachusetts comprised of approximately 61,590 square feet.
- Represented a California-based developer in the negotiation of a build to suit lease of multiple buildings comprised of approximately 700,000 square feet to a public social media company in Mountain View, California.
- Represented a Massachusetts-based footwear company with respect to its outlet and flagship retail store leases throughout the United States.
- Represented a mobile game developer in the negotiation of a build to suit lease of a four building campus comprised of approximately 380,000 square feet of space in Palo Alto, California.
- Represented a California-based developer in the negotiation of a build to suit lease to a public internet media company comprised of approximately 550,000 square feet of office space in multiple buildings in Los Gatos, California.
- Presentation to Boston Bar Association Leasing Committee on Security Deposits and Letters of Credit, December 2015
- Presentation to Commercial Brokers Association, “Choreographing the Dance: Moving Tenants Out Of (and Into) Premises, December 2015
- REFA Fundamentals of Real Estate Presentation: Leasing in Today’s Environment, presented November 7, 2013.
- Co-Chair of the MCLE Presentation: Preventing & Resolving Practical Problems in Retail & Office Leases, presented October 10, 2012.
- Chair of the MCLE Presentation: Creating & Maximizing Hidden Value in Retail & Office Leasing, presented February 23, 2010.
- MCLE Presentation: Representing Insolvent Commercial Landlords & Tenants, presented November 12, 2009.
- Presenter at Boston Bar Association Leasing Committee “Leasing Basics” program multiple years.
Pro Bono Representation:
- Represented a community development organization in Brighton, Massachusetts in the redevelopment and leasing of a former neighborhood school building acquired from the Archdiocese of Boston.
- Organized and presented workshops and clinics for urban entrepreneurs regarding starting and operating a small business in Charlestown, Roxbury and Mattapan.
Past co-chair of Leasing Committee, Boston Bar Association
Bar and Court Admissions:
Mr. Labbe is admitted to the bar of Massachusetts.
J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1997 (cum laude)
B.A., Merrimack College, 1990 (summa cum laude)